Monday, February 23, 2009

OSCAR kondaattam !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! from my heart :)

After the OSCAR awards ceremony a friend of mine emailed me this. I had to post this.

After 17 years, Oscar comes back to India with a bang whose name is "Slumdog Millionaire" . :)) And worth the wait, should I say :))


Three Indians who have made the whole country proud surely deserve much more than a Red Carpet and an Oscar.


"This is just not a sound award, but a history being handed over" said Rusel Pookkkutty - the third Indian to win Oscar for the Best Sound Mixing for Slumdog Millionaire. Hadn't he been a failure in the Medical Entrance Examinations, he wouldn't be an Oscar winner today :)


"All my life I had the choice between hate and love. I choose love and here I am" - are the Golden Words uttered by A.R.Rahman when he recd the prestigious Oscar Award. He has recd. not ONE but TWO Oscars for The Best Original Score and The Best Song!


Lyricist Gulzar shares the award with ARR for the Best Song - "Jai hO" written for the film. Look at the instinct of the lyricist, who said it even before he got it "Jai hO" which literally means "Gotta win" :))))


The film itself was nominated under 9 categories and it swept 8 awards in total, which is incredible!


It's a great day for India!!!!!!! !!! And a memorable and a pride moment for us Tamilians.


We wish ARR all the best for more such opportunities for making India proud !


Best,
From An ordinary music lover.

No comments: