Friday, June 12, 2009

Hanuman Chalisaa by M.S.

 

Recently my wyfee had suggested me to read hanuman chalisaa every morning. In general I am aware Hanuman Chalisaa is the praise of Lord Hanuman written by Saint Tulsidas. It is believed that daily recital of Hanuman Chalisa is supposed to keep away all the worldly troubles of fate. Even though I know a lot of my friends who read it everyday during my early years, I have never read it myself. I might have heard it many times, but just that - heard it, not listened, not absorbed or understood. Since I am still not that quick in reading the Tamil script, I took a printout of the original in Roman script aka English.

The first couple of days I read it I struggled to pronounce the words correctly. I decided to sing along with the rendition whatever was available on Youtube to learn it by heart and get the pronunciations right.

My wyfee requested me to play the M.S. Subbalakshmi version. With a slight bit of reluctance I got a video on Youtube and played it.

It just seeped me in. Just like that. Whaaammmmmmmmmm !!!!!!!!

Guess what…………

The 10 minutes of recital is so effective and excellently recited after 24 hours It is still reverberating in my head.

Anybody who has grown up listening to ‘Venkatesha Suprabhatam’ every morning knows M.S. and the Magic of her voice.

But this was astonishing 10 minutes I have had in recently times. Neither the sound of Niagara falls or the thrill of Hershey park rides or Special FX of any movie has been so enthralling.

Ever feel a little low or tired anytime in future just go ahead and put on the M.S. recital of any shlokam you like, I bet it will be more effective then any of the ‘self help’ books you have in your book shelf.

No comments: